What is an electric fence?
An electric fence system consists of a mains
or solar powered energizer which provides high voltage pulses to the electric
wires on the electric fence. These pulses provide a non-lethal but painful shock to any
intruder or would be criminal trying to unlawfully gain access to your property,
Any tampering with the fence for example separating wires or cutting the
electrified fencing wire results in an alarm activation that of which can be transmitted to security personnel monitoring the
site or an external armed reaction company of your choice.
The number of wires (strands), the distance between
the wires, the zone length, and integration with concertina fencing are some of
the different configurations which are commonly used to meet the site
requirements. The electric wire barrier can be installed vertically or at an
angle to provide wider physical
barriers that make intrusion by way of digging and climbing more
USES AN ELECTRIC FENCE?
Private houses, housing estates, farms,
industrial complexes, factories, warehouses, military and
government facilities are all potential end users.
DO YOU INSTALL AN ELECTRIC FENCE ?
an existing perimeter fence (eg: pallisade), on top of walls, or as a stand-alone fence.
OF AN ELECTRIC FENCE
• Easy installation on existing wall or
fence, or as a stand-alone perimeter fence.
• Provides a physical barrier that delays the intrusion time.
• Provides an electric shock to intruders.
• Acts as a psychological barrier to deter intrusion attempts.
• Provides a higher level of detection capability to detect an intrusion
attempt and set off the alarm which is then transmitted to the security
personnel or company monitoring the site.
• Low maintenance costs.
• Easy to operate.
• The electric wires serve as a perimeter fence, alleviating the need to erect
another conventional fence.
• Reduced cost of security personnel.
THE ELECTRIC FENCE CONSUME LOTS OF POWER?
• Typically no, on average you will only see
a slight increase on your electricity usage bill (about R15 - R20 rand extra per
month), a small price to pay for an effective perimeter deterrent.